Committee Activities (most recent first):
The Growth-Professional Development Committee has produced six webinars for evacuated Volunteers from the Dominican Republic and our members since June of 2018. These webinars were:
- On May 17, 2021, a panel discussion of the film "A Towering Task: The Story of the Peace Corps" featuring film-maker Alana de Joseph; DR-RPCVs Alejandra Saldana and Randy Adams; and, DR-RPCV Susan Stine as moderator. See it on our You Tube channel: https://youtu.be/qmBz9avfvjc
- On September 16, 2020, a webinar on FDR's Covid19 Humanitarian Response in Cooperation with Four NGO's Working in the Dominican Republic: https://youtu.be/DkULCtvRGJoOn
- On July 1, 2020, a webinar on working for a small, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). You can view this webinar at: https://youtu.be/4uO9i-zW0gc
- On June 25, 2020, a webinar on working for a large Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). You can view this webinar at: https://youtu.be/ttgHvnOykEA
- On April 9, 2020, a webinar on Applying to Work for the Federal Government using Using Noncompetitive Eligibility (NCE) for RPCVs. You can view this webinar at: https://youtu.be/yjz2Qr193R4
- On June 18, 2019, a webinar on Applying to Graduate School. You can view this webinar at: https://youtu.be/Vy_UcHWQN64 For information on about upcoming webinars, watch the FDR Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/138204071776
In March of 2020, the Committee requested updated information from the respondents to the 2018 survey and asked them to provide additional information about their professional needs.
In March of 2018, the Committee conducted a survey of FDR members regarding their needs in the areas of graduate school attendance and professional development and then developed a Professional Directory of DR-RPCVs for networking purposes.
To receive notices about current and future activities of the Growth and Professional Development Committee, please send an email with your contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goals of the Growth and Professional Development Committee:
The Growth and Professional Development Committee has two primary goals: 1) to ensure a vibrant, diverse, committed and sustainable organization and board of directors, and 2) to provide Dominican Republic Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (DR-RPCVs) with opportunities for professional growth, development, and networking.